[N8VEM-S100:7496] Keyboard kits
Malcolm Macleod
2015-08-13 07:33:12 UTC
A local company here (http://www.microbeetechnology.com.au/) in Australia is putting together a keyboard kit suitable for use on various vintage computers.

As presently planned, the kit will consist of keyswitches, keytops and a steel frame to mount the keyswitches in. No PCB is currently included in the kit, as it is intended to be used in designs that they and I are separately working on.

This will likely be a “one off” order, due to the setup cost involved in getting the keytops manufactured.

If you are potentially interested in the following, please let me know, to help with planning order quantities:

1. A kit of parts as described above. Likely cost around US$110 (AU$145) plus shipping. A picture of the keytops and steel frame is here -> Loading Image...

2. A kit of parts that additionally includes a PCB and a microcontroller that will provide TTL serial and TTL strobed parallel output. Cost is unknown at this stage.

Regards,

Malcolm
Richard Cini
2015-08-13 10:19:48 UTC
This sounds like a great project and I would be interested in one of each kit for my IMSAI when they become available.

If you're open to suggestions on the driver PCB, R232 serial in addition to TTL would be a nice bonus. Even if you just have the unpopulated footprint for those parts (making the level shifting "optional") that'd be a great add IMHO.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone
1. A kit of parts as described above. Likely cost around US$110 (AU$145) plus shipping. A picture of the keytops and steel frame is here -> http://www.microbeetechnology.com.au/pictures/Premium_plus/KB_Kit.jpg
Fabio Battaglia
Todd Goodman

Elsid
2015-08-13 21:10:01 UTC
Hi Malcolm,

As well as some keyboards to suit the Super80 boards you are making, I
would be interested in 2 x keyboard kits and 2 x additional parts kits with
parallel and serial output.

Best regards
Rob Doyle

David Rosenberger
2015-08-14 18:46:24 UTC
Please count me in for a kit.
nbreeden
2015-08-15 05:38:08 UTC
Hi, I'm interested in the keyboard kit. -Neil
Matthew Turner
2015-08-15 19:20:51 UTC
I'd be interested in one kit with the associated pcb. Had a kit like that from Radio Shack back in the pre-TRS-80 day. Always regretted getting rid of that.

Matt

From: ***@avitech.com.au
To: n8vem-***@googlegroups.com
CC: ***@microbeetechnology.com.au
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:7496] Keyboard kits
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 17:33:12 +1000

A local company here (http://www.microbeetechnology.com.au/) in Australia is putting together a keyboard kit suitable for use on various vintage computers. As presently planned, the kit will consist of keyswitches, keytops and a steel frame to mount the keyswitches in. No PCB is currently included in the kit, as it is intended to be used in designs that they and I are separately working on. This will likely be a “one off” order, due to the setup cost involved in getting the keytops manufactured. If you are potentially interested in the following, please let me know, to help with planning order quantities: 1. A kit of parts as described above. Likely cost around US$110 (AU$145) plus shipping. A picture of the keytops and steel frame is here -> http://www.microbeetechnology.com.au/pictures/Premium_plus/KB_Kit.jpg 2. A kit of parts that additionally includes a PCB and a microcontroller that will provide TTL serial and TTL strobed parallel output. Cost is unknown at this stage. Regards,Malcolm