[N8VEM-S100:7591] Motorola
G. Beat
2015-09-18 18:16:45 UTC
Fair Radio Sales (Lima, OH) has listed this week the Motorola Industrial Computer (6809), Micromodule 17
https://www.fairradio.com/catalog.php?mode=viewitem&item=15237

From the photo, typical linear (transformer) power supply design with an 8 or 9-slot S-100 card cage,
and Motorola 6800 family support chips.
Notes that they have more than 1, in stock.

greg
Tom Lafleur
2015-09-18 23:10:11 UTC
I ordered one... we will see what they are like.... Price is right!!
Post by G. Beat
Fair Radio Sales (Lima, OH) has listed this week the Motorola Industrial
Computer (6809), Micromodule 17
https://www.fairradio.com/catalog.php?mode=viewitem&item=15237
From the photo, typical linear (transformer) power supply design with an 8
or 9-slot S-100 card cage,
and Motorola 6800 family support chips.
Notes that they have more than 1, in stock.
greg
~~ _/) ~~~~ _/) ~~~~ _/) ~~~~ _/) ~~

Tom Lafleur
Andrew Bingham
2015-09-19 01:51:28 UTC
These may not be actual S-100 slot backplanes -
ref http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-Microsystems-Micro-Module-1A-84DW6227X01-/121078079680
- there is a keying notch on the slot.

If the card cage fits S-100 board though, the chassis might be worth it
alone.
Post by G. Beat
Fair Radio Sales (Lima, OH) has listed this week the Motorola Industrial
Computer (6809), Micromodule 17
https://www.fairradio.com/catalog.php?mode=viewitem&item=15237
From the photo, typical linear (transformer) power supply design with an
8 or 9-slot S-100 card cage,
Frank Schieschke
2015-09-19 18:48:19 UTC
This is the CPU/ROM and I/O board from my M68TDS4 system.

Here the different between the S-100 and the Motorola Bus is good to see.

Frank

G. Beat
2015-09-19 21:26:53 UTC
Frank,
I believe that the width and height of the Motorola boards are the same (card cage changes?)

greg
Ian May
2015-09-20 07:23:28 UTC
The Motorola bus uses an 86 pin connector and has a card width of 9.75
inches. S100 cards are 10 inches wide => some metalworking will be required
to use the card frame for S100.
Cheers, Ian.
Tom Lafleur
2015-09-26 16:03:13 UTC
I pick up one of the units:

In has a Power One mult-output power supply (+5V @ 15A adjustable...)
Three cards, 6809 CPU, static Ram board and a FDC wire-wrap board with
/ram/rom/6821 and WD1770
Backplane is Motorola 86 pin

The card guide is 9 slots with 9.75in (Non-S100) spacing, slot pitch is 2cm
(.787in, not very standard)
Easy to adjust to 10in S100 bus standard with minor metal work, but pitch
is an issue, need to change card guide rails spacing

ok value.... not a great value
Post by G. Beat
Fair Radio Sales (Lima, OH) has listed this week the Motorola Industrial
Computer (6809), Micromodule 17
https://www.fairradio.com/catalog.php?mode=viewitem&item=15237
From the photo, typical linear (transformer) power supply design with an 8
or 9-slot S-100 card cage,