[N8VEM-S100:7732] 9-slot backplane question
h***@gmail.com
2015-10-07 13:09:37 UTC
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question.
I am building the latest 9-slot backplane that Josh did. Are the
orientations for Q1 and Q2 correct? I know that or earlier versions one of
them was reversed.

Thanks,

Harold
Jim80686
2015-10-08 22:52:50 UTC
Hi, all -
I'm building the same board. I think from
http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/page/55620344/S-100%20backplane%20improvements%20and%20fixes text
that the transistor orientations may have been fixed for this rev.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to install the 10 pin, 270
ohm resistor networks. They don't seem to line up with anything on the
board. Did the bussed termination resistors change to a different part?

I'd be grateful if someone can post a link to a picture of this V4 9-slot
backplane assembled showing how the resistor networks are installed.

<*> Jim
2015-10-11 14:43:58 UTC
Hi Jim,
You actually only use a 9-pin resistor array. I had already purchased
10-pin so I carefully cut off the last pin. You can actually "cut" the last
pin off and the resistor array will still be okay. Then line up pin one of
the array with the square solder pad. This will leave the two pads in the
center empty. I am travelling right now but if you want I can take a
picture of what I did. Let me know.

Harold
Jim80686
2015-10-11 23:26:01 UTC
Hi, Harold -

Let's see if I've got this right. For each row, one 9-pin resistor array
has pin 1 on the left and the other on the right. This leaves the middle
holes (that are grounded) empty. And it will take 4 resister arrays per
group - for a total of 12 bussed resistors. The pin 1s go where the orange
arrows point in this photo, right?

Jim
2015-10-12 00:16:37 UTC
Hi Jim