[N8VEM-S100:7685] USBGET AND USBPUT for the s100 serial I/O board?
h***@gmail.com
2015-09-28 14:11:03 UTC
Hi everyone,

I just finished building the serial I/O board. I plan to use the USB port
to transfer CP/M programs between my s100 Z80 system and a PC. After some
searching I found a comment from Rich Leary (?) about his modifications to
USBGET, which transfers programs from the PC to the Z80 computer under
CP/M. He made the program available as USBGET.Z80. I downloaded the program
and compiled it. It works great!!!

However, I have not been able to locate a program, probably called USBPUT,
that will transfer a program from the Z80 to a PC. I did find PCGET and
PCPUT but these programs are setup to work with the serial I/O RS232 of the
Z85C30 SCC.

I am hoping that someone has already developed a USBPUT program. I am not
good at assembly language- it has been over 35 years since I did any of
that type of programming.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Harold
John Monahan
2015-09-28 16:22:52 UTC
Great to hear the Serial board finally worked. What was the problem – so others may learn?

I wrote the original USBGET.ASM for that board. It’s really a modification of PCGET.ASM. I assume Rick worked it over for the .Z80 version. I did not do the equivalent USBPUT.ASM at the time but again the PCPUT.ASM (for the RS232 serial port) is available on the web site, it would be good practice for you (and fairly trivial) to convert that over to USBPUT. If you do please post for the community – we all are helping hands here.

John

2015-09-28 17:03:17 UTC
Hi John,

The main problem was a flaky IC the 74LS00. However, I managed to have two
bad MAX232 chips also!

I have the listing for PCPUT so I will give it a shot. Obviously any
guidance would be great.

Harold