[N8VEM-S100:7421] Where to find S100 slots
jhl
2015-07-18 00:24:32 UTC

I purchased the S100 backplane and was thrilled to see it come promptly and in great shape with high-quality printing. I now need to find
a place where I can source 8 S100 card connector pieces. I looked around on the wiki and a few other sites and I couldn't find any place
mentioned, so I thought I'd ask here. Where's the best place that I can order this part from? I know a few good sites for general components,
not to mention my local electronics store has some really nice prices, but no where I know has these.

AdvTHANKSance,
jhl
--
This e-Mail address is hosted on SDF, the only fully 64-bit public access super-computing center.
You can learn more about it and how to join on our website, sdf.org, or mine, jhl2600.sdf.org.
G. Beat
2015-07-18 04:44:33 UTC
Electronic components, such as these S-100 card connectors, are purchased from
Electronics dustributors (Digi-Key, Mouser, Future, Newark/Farnell/One Element) or
surplus outlets of NOS/surplus components -- such as Unicorn Electronics.
http://www.unicornelectronics.com

One issue, with S-100 connectors is to purchase correct version with solder tail long enough
for thickness of motherboard (or use wire-wrap version).

Sullins Connector Solutions, based in San Marcos, CA is one company.
http://www.sullinscorp.com
G. Beat
2015-07-18 04:54:40 UTC
Due to the prices for these Edge Connectors -- shopping for best price, when buying 8 to 10 connectors adds up quickly.

Here is an example, Sullins EBA50DCSD is sold by Digi-Key, part number S3288-ND.
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/EBA50DCSD/S3288-ND/927240

Sullins EBA50DCSD, 125°C, 0.062"[1.57] PCB Thru Hole/Wire Wrap

http://www.sullinscorp.com/category119/EBA50DCSD/

These sell at Digi-Key for $10.83 each, in single quantities.
ShawnR
2015-07-18 05:30:05 UTC
Got mine on ebay, these are the wirewrap version, $8.49 each.
I'm just going soldier them and trim.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251724575771?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Shawn
Hi,
Brian Marstella
2015-07-18 10:54:24 UTC
Anchor Electronics currently has them for $3.95, but I'm not sure about the
pin length.
(http://anchor-electronics.com/product/100-pin-125-inch-card-edge-connector/)
They might not be long enough for some of the thicker S-100 backplanes.
They also carry a number of products on their price list pdf that are not
included on the shopping cart system; one of those items is a 100-pin .125"
edge connector for wire wrap applications at $5.95 each.
Hi,
Todd Goodman
2015-07-18 13:33:29 UTC
I have connectors from an earlier bulk buy from Mouser. I bought
hundreds to get the price down to $10.77 each.

However, Anchor electronics has some for less than $5 each (different
brand.) I've ordered some of those to see how they are (which was a
chore as the anchor web site didn't think there was anyway to mail them
to me.)

Todd
Hi,