[N8VEM-S100:7771] >>> Please move to the new Google Group site S100Computers.<<<
monahanz
2015-10-20 17:21:10 UTC
Looks like Andrew will be shutting down this site soon.

So as to hold us all together I suggest everybody for now signup to the
S100Computers Google Group ASAP.

Many if not all of the past N8VEM treads were related to S100 boards, but
for those that feel the need for another group they could branch off later.
It's important we all stick together for now.

I have no problem with the Group discussions involving non S100 board
topics (as we have with this N8VEM group), however I wish to retain the
name "S100Computers Google Group" for this group.

It goes without saying that we all owe Andrew Lynch a huge debt for the
years of work he put into getting us all together and building up this
closely knit group.

---Thanks Andrew ---

John
Ian McLaughlin

Jeff Albrecht
2015-10-20 17:50:43 UTC
Post by monahanz
Looks like Andrew will be shutting down this site soon.
Are there plans to, with Andrew's blessing; Is it technicality possible and
practical to archive the historical content for searching the old forum?
Perhaps Apache Lucene <https://lucene.apache.org/> or Apache Solr or
OpenSearchServer <http://www.opensearchserver.com/> ?
John Monahan
2015-10-20 18:18:34 UTC
I thing Andrew Bingham – possibly others -- are in the process of downloading the past treads – with Andrews’ permission. If need be I can house them on the S100Computers web site. It may be a raw dump – writing software to sort/access a database is “above my pay scale”.

John

2015-10-20 19:22:35 UTC
Depending on what needs to be done, I can provide some database or backend
development. I'm not much of a graphics/front-end guy though... If anyone
involved needs an additional set of hands let me know. And, as John said,
big thanks to Andrew for all that he's done.

Regards, Brian.
Andrew Bingham
2015-10-21 02:05:01 UTC
I need to update my archive to capture he last two weeks, but I have everything in a nice HTML format via Mhonarc (mhonarc.org) that I will make available to John to post.

Andrew Bingham
John Monahan
2015-10-21 02:29:19 UTC
Fantastic Andrew. How will the stuff be packaged. Will it be one long HTML page with .zip file links or something else.
To avoid noise here perhaps we can communicate via my e-mail address.

John