[N8VEM-S100:7680] Can anyone ID this MCT Serial comm board?
drlegendre
2015-09-27 18:42:57 UTC
Howdy folks,

New member, first post.

Been trying to no avail to find any info on this 'MCT' S-100 serial card.
I'm pretty sure the card works, as it came from a previously-working system
- but all documents are missing, and without the info, I have no idea how
to put it to use. Photos are here:

Other than what I believe is an artwork / batch number on the rear, the
only marking is "Assy 105510" on the front silk screen. My hunch is that
this may have been a fairly generic 'OEM' type card which could have been
re-badged and sold under one or more different names. So perhaps the docs
exist under a name other than MCT?

Any help greatly appreciated - thanks!

-Bill
drlegendre
2015-10-02 22:59:44 UTC
In the meantime, an astute member (of another list) suggested that the MCT
in question is Micro Component Technologies, now "MCT Worldwide LLC" based
in Minneapolis, MN but previously based in Shoreview, MN. Their website at
http://www.mct.com doesn't offer many leads, but if you look at any of
their 80s-era equipment (check eBay) it bears the same logo as the mystery
S-100 board.

I've had a communication with a gent from MCT, a VP of sales, who agrees
that they may well have made the board. He has kindly agreed to circulate
the photos to their engineering staff, now based in Malaysia (!), and see
if it rings any bells. Not holding out much hope that any of their
old-guard engineers from MN would have re-located to Malaysia, but there
may be something left in the files, so to speak.

Here's crossing fingers..
https://nerp.net/~legendre/altair/mct_serial_01.jpg
https://nerp.net/~legendre/altair/mct_serial_02.jpg