[N8VEM-S100:7474] is it anywhere a 8080 board ?
Pierre ROUSSIERE
2015-08-02 09:20:48 UTC
hello,
I want to buy a 8080 board
do you have one to sell ?

if not, i can wait the next batch...

thank you for answer

Pierre, from Nimes, south of France
Crusty OMO
2015-08-02 13:11:43 UTC
Hi Pierre,

I will make a new batch in a couple of months... Yes, I think I said that before...

Soon.

Josh

Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 02:20:48 -0700
From: ***@gmail.com
To: n8vem-***@googlegroups.com
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:7474] is it anywhere a 8080 board ?

Dan Roganti
2015-08-02 13:20:41 UTC
Josh,

if you're taking orders soon,
I'm still up for 4x boards
Dan
------------------------------
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 02:20:48 -0700
hello,
I want to buy a 8080 board
do you have one to sell ?
if not, i can wait the next batch...
thank you for answer
Pierre, from Nimes, south of France
/ \__/ Scotty, We Need More Power !!
\_/ _\__ Aye, Cap'n, but we've only got 80 col's !
Pierre ROUSSIERE
2015-08-02 15:30:53 UTC
ok Josh,
I wait...
thank you for answer
Pierre
Pierre ROUSSIERE
2015-08-23 18:41:23 UTC
I retry :
do you have a 8080 board to sell to me ?
thank you for your proposition

Pierre Roussiere from Nimes, south of France
Tom Lafleur
2015-08-29 03:53:37 UTC
I have one for sale...
Post by Pierre ROUSSIERE
do you have a 8080 board to sell to me ?
thank you for your proposition
Pierre Roussiere from Nimes, south of France
~~ _/) ~~~~ _/) ~~~~ _/) ~~~~ _/) ~~

Tom Lafleur
John Parsons
2015-08-29 03:48:12 UTC
Josh - I would like a few of these, to!

JohnP
lcyoung
2015-08-29 12:10:40 UTC
I, too, would like to get hold of a 8080 cpu board blank.

Thanks

Leonard Young KS4RN

2015-09-05 15:33:05 UTC
Hi Guys,

My trip to VCF MW was a blast,

Pictures available here:

joshbensadon.imgur.com

Cheers,
Josh
Dylan McNamee
2015-09-05 19:08:55 UTC
Josh,

Those are great photos -- thanks for sharing them. I almost feel like I was
there.

best,
dylan
---
Post by Crusty OMO
Hi Guys,
My trip to VCF MW was a blast,
joshbensadon.imgur.com
Cheers,
Josh
Crusty OMO
2015-09-14 23:43:51 UTC
Hi guys,

First, sorry for not starting a new thread, but I'm having troubles with Google Groups, suffice to say that Google isn't as elegant as an S-100 system.

Recently, a new member (he can introduce himself) was looking to buy some boards. His interest came from remembering a time when he saw S-100 systems but could not afford them. Sound familiar? I surely can relate to this, being a poor teenager in the late 70's.

Anyway, I just thought he could use some advice on what type of S-100 to build.

Being a versatile computer, you can build anything you like, but to really appreciate and enjoy the build, it should be something that you can relate to. Obviously, he's got a computer/electronics back ground, so perhaps a build to parallel something that was once done or now doing? Or if you are into music/sound, a build that will create a sound studio.

Myself, being into security systems, I have often thought of making an S-100 card to work as an alarm system, with Card Access. Perhaps that might be my next board?

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Josh Bensadon
John Monahan
2015-09-15 00:46:30 UTC
Josh if he can hang in the for a few weeks, I should have a “All in one” starter Z80 S100 board he could work with. Just sent out for prototype today. See

http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/SBC%20Z80%20Board/SBC%20Z80%20CPU%20Board.htm

John

John Parsons
2015-09-15 15:04:32 UTC
John,

I didn't see an Altair/Imsai front panel connector. Did I miss it? If you
re-do this board would you please consider adding one? Some of us who have
the mini-Imsai front panel boards would really like one here! There's
nothing like some blinky lights!

Best

JohnP
Post by John Monahan
Josh if he can hang in the for a few weeks, I should have a “All in one”
starter Z80 S100 board he could work with. Just sent out for prototype
today. See
http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/SBC%20Z80%20Board/SBC%20Z80%20CPU%20Board.htm
John
Behalf Of *Crusty OMO
John Monahan
2015-09-15 17:00:09 UTC
Oops! Will see if there is room. Things are very tight as it is. One issue is there are actually two connector formats, the original Molex pins used in the Altair and the IC socket type pins used in the IMSAI (and others). Still holding out not to resort to GAL’s!

lcyoung
2015-09-16 12:19:53 UTC
I know GAL's and PAL's make our lives easier, for sure. But not all home "tinkerers" have access

or knowledge of these things. Some just want to probe around and see how the hardware works.

I've tinkered around awhile now (55 years), and I know. Standard logic, please (where practical, of course).

Thanks for all you folks do to bring S100 back to us.

BTW, some of us sure wish we could get something like an original-looking Altair or Imsai case made up!

Leonard Young de KS4RN

Pierre ROUSSIERE
2015-08-30 08:55:16 UTC
hello Tom,
thank you for answer
I am VERY interested

can you write to me
my mail adress is : f1fco at free dot fr

or give me your mail
Pierre ROUSSIERE
2015-08-31 21:40:22 UTC
hello Tom Lafleur
I am very interested by your board
I have sent to you a direct mail
thank you for answer

greetings
Pierre, from Nimes, south of France
Pierre ROUSSIERE
2015-09-01 21:40:48 UTC
I am not lucky
Tom has sold his board

everybody know another 8080 board for sale ?

Pierre
Todd Miller
2015-09-08 01:06:22 UTC
Very Cool, I wish I had been closer to attend.

Your pic of this terminal reminds me of when I was in Jr. High school.

I used this very CRT Terminal on a PDP 11/70 running RSTSE.

This was the only CRT in the computer 'lab', otherwise we had
five wide paper DEC Writer II's. They were paper eaters back
then but we didn't care :-)

Crusty OMO
2015-09-09 02:44:19 UTC
Todd,

Sure can't beat that Hard Copy!
There are often DEC Writers at these shows.

Perhaps you can attend next year, just plan it, grab an Airline ticket and go!

Cheers,
Josh